63 Tiny Home Tweaks that Make a Huge Difference
“I want to change my space so badly!
BUT: I just don’t have the time or money. Help!”
I hear you! When we take a hard look at our space — and get excited about making some changes — it can feel overwhelming, fast.
But here’s the thing: you really don’t have to spend tons of time OR money to shift your space in a big way. In fact: it’s often the teeny-tiny tweaks we make in our home that add up to make a big, beautiful difference.
To get you started (and to inspire your own ideas!), I want to share dozens my favorite tiny tweaks that will make a huge impact in your home. They’re categorized by the things you might be craving (more organization, more beauty, more coziness, etc.) Best of all: each one only takes a few minutes — and many of them are free (or close to it!)
Say goodbye to your overwhelm … and lets start making those little home shifts today!
To Get Organized + Clear…
- Arrange your shampoo/beauty product bottles in a visually pleasing way.
- Fold or roll your towels in a pretty way
- Straighten your bedside table
- Find a fun way to display your jewelry
- Refold the items in your dresser drawers (think: tank tops, sweaters, etc.)
- MAKE YOUR BED! (“A messy bed = a messy head.”)
- Clean underneath your bed (sweep or vacuum, too!)
- Edit 5 items from your closet that you no longer use or love
- Replace dead light bulbs
- Clean out your fridge: inside (toss old food) and outside (remove outdated notes, pictures, reminders, etc.)
- Empty and organize your junk drawer
- Straighten and organize your Tupperware
- Clean out your pantry
- Sort through your pens: throw away any ugly, chewed, broken, or dead ones
- Go through the house looking for any old junk mail that may have gotten tucked away … and recycle it
- Throw out any old, worn dish towels
- Tidy the books on your shelves
To Beautify + Awaken Your Senses…
- Place fruit in a colorful bowl on the counter
- Add a lavender sachet to your lingerie drawer
- Open your shades, blinds, or windows (especially in the morning!)
- Pick wildflowers and arrange them in a surprising spot like your bathroom counter
- Put those bags of spices, herbs, or grains into lovely, display-worthy glass jars.
- Make your home smell fabulous: spray essential oils, boil some water with rosemary and lemon, or light that candle you never do
- Paint one wall a fresh color
- Try a new dishwashing detergent or hand soap (so you smell something new and lovely)
- Fluff your couch cushions and throw pillows
- Play music to set the mood
- Get a fun doorknob (or two!)
- Change your doorbell chime
- Hang a beautiful tapestry on the wall
To Get Cozy, Comfy + Peaceful…
- Buy a soft rug and put it by the side of your bed so your feet touch something luxurious first thing in the morning
- Add a space heater to chilly rooms
- Add a throw blanket within arm’s reach of a cozy spot
- Use a humidifier at night
- Get some soft slippers to wear around the house
- Spritz essential oils on your pillow before bed
- Get an eye mask you love (to block out light at night or for naps)
- Fill a little basket with everything you need for a luxurious bath (candles, a book, bath salts, etc.) and then use it!
- Make a little nook for quiet reading, knitting, journaling, etc.
- Get a Himalayan salt lamp, mini-water fountain, or rock garden for a side table
- Replace light bulbs with a softer wattage in your cozy spots
To Spice Things Up + Break Out of a Rut…
- Move your bed to new position in the room
- Change your bed linens or blanket (it shifts the feel of the whole room!)
- Replace the photos or artwork on display with new or updated ones
- Rotate the art on your wall to a new place
- Rearrange your furniture for better flow or lighting
- Swap out the throw pillows on your couch or chairs
- Place a lamp in a dark corner to brighten it
- Change your window treatments (home depot is a great place for affordable options!)
- Replace your shower curtain
To Connect with Your Spirit, Self, and Home…
- Arrange a little spot for quiet reflection or conversation (with chairs, cushions, soft lighting — whatever you need)
- Invest in a good pair of noise-cancelling headphones so you can always find a quiet spot (especially good to drown out street or construction noise and/or for moms with a house full of kiddos running around!)
- Light a few candles
- Take a moment to set an intention for yourself and your space
- Create a little “altar” with photos of your family, a little Buddha statue, or whatever is deeply meaningful to you
- Tour your home and find one way you can rearrange things for better flow
- Take the time to set the table for dinner: use cloth napkins, a tablecloth, candles, etc.
- Make and display some artwork: a painting, frame a poem you love, display your wedding vows, etc.
- Have a “house blessing” (more on what this is and how to do one to come …)
- Set loving intentions for the use and purpose of each room in your home
- Make your front door or entryway more welcoming: repaint it, place a plant or water element, or get a beautiful welcome mat
- Make a beautiful label with your name on it and stick it on your mailbox
Fun, simple stuff, right? I hope you try a few of these out … or get inspired to think up your own small changes.
In the Comments Below… What tiny tweaks have you made in your home that have made a big difference?
Wishing you a beautiful week.
P.S. If you found this list useful I would love for you to share it with your friends!